The Company, we and us mean BUFF Filmfestival. Compatible Devices means a device compatible with the Platform as listed in these terms. User means a person that has supplied the requisite information and accepted the terms of the Platform. User Account means an account held by a User with The Company for the purposes of selecting and viewing Platform Content through the Platform. Platform Content means a film or audiovisual material or any other product or content provided by us through the Platform. Platform means the digital content platform provided by us (and/or by our third-party service providers on our behalf) and includes all pages of and all information, material, text, graphics, and facilities on the Platform. Selected Content means Platform Content that has been selected by a User and is available for viewing for a specific time period.
These terms form the basis on which you agree to use The Company’s Platform to select and view our films and other content. These terms represent a legally binding agreement between you and The Company. By using the Platform (which includes accessing the Platform, creating an account, and/or selecting/viewing any Platform Content), you accept these terms and agree to abide by them. If you need to contact us about the Platform, you can do so by contacting us at this email address: email@example.com. We reserve the right to change these terms.
The Platform permits you to select and view our Platform Content for your personal use in accordance with these terms, including any terms specific to particular Platform Content. To select and view Platform Content you must be 18 years or older. You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Platform through your internet connection are aware of these terms and that they comply with them.
Films were classified by Statens Medieråd (Sweden).
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to access the Platform including ensuring you employ technology capable of utilising the Platform. Use of the Platform requires Compatible Devices, certain software (fees may apply), and internet access. The use of the Platform may be affected by the performance of these factors and these requirements are subject to change at any time. We will use reasonable endeavours to give you notice of any changes.
The system requirements are detailed on the FAQ page. You acknowledge that the Platform may not work on all Compatible Devices set out above, particularly older devices, browsers, and/or operating systems. High-speed internet access is strongly recommended.
Some important details about your User Account:
– Don’t reveal your account information to anyone else;
– You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your User Account and for all activities that occur on or through your User Account;
– You agree to immediately notify The Company of any security breach of your User Account;
– The Company shall not be responsible for any losses arising out of the unauthorized use of your User Account;
– If you create a User Account and/or use the Platform on someone else’s behalf, you warrant that you have that person’s authority to do so. You also accept all liability and the consequences for any breaches of these terms resulting from any unauthorized activity you conduct. You shall not access or attempt to access a User Account that you are not authorized to access. You agree to provide accurate and complete information when you become a User, and as you use, the Platform and you agree to update such information to keep it accurate and complete. You acknowledge that the volume of data consumed by accessing the Platform Content is typically high. You are solely responsible for any internet usage or charges that your ISP may apply in relation to accessing Platform Content.
We may modify, suspend, or discontinue the Platform or any Platform Content at any time with or without notice to you. We will not be liable for any unavailability of the Platform or of any Platform Content if you have breached any of these terms or for any unavailability beyond our control.
You shall use the Platform and the Platform Content strictly in accordance with these terms. You will be authorized to use Platform Content only for personal, non-commercial use. You may not make any Platform Content available for any commercial purpose, educational purpose, or any other purpose not expressly authorized in these terms. You agree not to violate, circumvent, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise tamper with any of the security technology related to the Platform and the Platform Content for any reason, or to interfere with, remove or alter any digital rights management information on the Platform or the Platform Content, or to attempt or assist another person to do so. You must not abuse or misuse the Platform by attempting to compromise the service by employing technologically harmful means or material. You will not use the Platform for any purpose which is unlawful, not authorized by us, or otherwise conflicts with these terms. Your use of the Platform may be monitored and controlled by The Company or its service provider for compliance purposes at any time.
Some information contained in the Platform may link you to sites that are not owned or under the control of The Company. The Company assumes no responsibility or liability for the content of those sites or otherwise for any third-party material that may feature on the Platform.
The Platform and the Platform Content contain information and material that is owned by The Company and/or its licensors and/or service providers and is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including those relating to copyright. The Company reserves for itself and such third parties all such rights in all jurisdictions throughout the World. You must not (and must not permit others to) authorize or assist any other person to remove or interfere with any copyright notices contained in any Platform Content. We take the infringement of our copyright (and that of our licensors and service providers) seriously. You must:
– only use the Platform Content and related information and materials in the course of using the Platform in compliance with these terms and not for any other purpose;
– not download, upload, copy, reproduce, communicate to the public, transmit, publish, broadcast, modify, manipulate, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create any derivative works of any Platform Content or any part of it;
– not copy, reproduce, modify or manipulate any part of the Platform and/or Platform Content in any manner;
– not exploit the Platform or Platform Content in any unauthorized way whatsoever.
We reserve all rights and remedies available to us to prevent any infringement of intellectual property we or our licensors or service providers own that comprises the Platform and/or Platform Content. The Company’s trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with the Platform are the intellectual property of The Company. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used in connection with the Platform or with Platform Content may be the trademarks of their respective owners. You are granted no right or license with respect to any of the aforesaid trademarks and any use of such trademarks.
– terminate the agreement created between you and The Company pursuant to these terms; and
– suspend access to the Platform (or any part thereof) or any Platform Content at any time without notice.
We will not be liable if for any reason the Platform is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Platform or to Platform Content. We have the right to disable any Account at any time if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of these terms. You may cease to use the Platform at any time.
Your use of the Platform is at your own risk. The Company does not guarantee, represent, or warrant the uninterrupted or error-free use of the Platform and shall not be liable for any loss arising from such events including but not limited to loss, corruption, attack, viruses, interference, hacking, or other security intrusion or any other factors beyond The Company’s and/or its licensors’ and/or its service providers’ reasonable control, including but not limited to the nature of your Compatible Device or internet connection. To the extent permitted by law, the Platform and the Platform Content are provided by The Company without warranties or guarantees of any kind, other than the statutory protection afforded to you by applicable legislation.
The Company’s liability shall be limited as set out in these terms and otherwise to the amount of any liability that may arise under any applicable legislation and solely in respect of the failure to comply with any guarantee corresponding to The Company’s supply of goods or services relating to the Platform or any Platform Content. The Company expressly excludes any liability for any direct, indirect, or consequential loss or damages incurred by any user in connection with the Platform or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Platform.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and The Company regarding the Platform. If any part of these terms is held invalid or unenforceable the remaining parts of these terms shall remain in full force and effect. We will not be responsible for failure to fulfill any obligation due to causes beyond our control. We may notify you with respect to the Platform by sending an email message to your User email address. Notices shall become effective immediately when issued by us.